|Posted by Eslie Taylor on January 7, 2011 at 6:45 AM|
2011 New Year New Jewelry Making Goals
Eslie Taylor: Posted on Friday, January 07, 2011 6:33 PM
Here we are, a new year a new set of goals ! 2010 for most was better than expected especially during Holiday season of retail selling. Still Waters Jewelry wants to thank all customers who support local small business in the New Orleans area. As a jewelry designer I was thankful to many customers who support local art markets like the Freret Market and Harrison Art Market in New Orleans. I was also thankful to store owners who carry my jewelry, what a compliment that is. But with all that behind me, I have to start anew with new goals and new plan.
Every year starts with a sense of optimism and it is this optimism that we have to keep in mind. Writing our goals is important so we can look back to see how far we have come. So that is how I will start 2011:
1. Work on my web site. I gave out so many cards with my web site on it so the least I can do is make it presentable ! I will keep interesting handmade jewelry inventory listed with good pictures. This is my priority.
2. Hold at least one jewelry party a month. This will get my jewelry business a boost by getting to know more customers.
3. Be more selective of jewelry shows I take part in. Sometimes it is better to invest your time in creative process than to be at wrong show, you know what I am talking about artisans.
4. Be more organized and disciplined with my paperwork. I hate that part.
5. Improve my booth layout. Make it more user friendly and create atmosphere where peoplecan stop for a while. Longer they stay more apt they are to buy.
6. More importantly I will strive to be more creative in my designs. Venture out in area that is new in jewelry making.
That is my list and will check back and let you know which goals I have actually accomplished. Good luck to my fellow artisans and much love to my customers. Here we go 2011.